Today’s topic is Lightweight Savings Options.
Some lightweight options for reefer trailers include:
- Saves up to 208 lbs. per trailer
- Light Weight Steel Hubs: Saves up to 56 lbs.
- Upgrade to Aluminum Hubs: Save anywhere from 56 lbs. to 62 lbs. depending on what you select.
- CentriFuse drums: Saves approx. 56 lbs.
- Upgrade to Disc Brakes: Saves 20 lbs. and also stops the trailer a lot quicker.
- Ultraa-K suspension: is 105 lbs. lighter than the original HK ANT 40.
- Reduce the insulation in your sidewalls roof and floor (2” to 1.5”). Saves up to 184 lbs.