07/06/2020 - MANDATORY MASK IN PUBLIC SPACE RESPONSE
In response to Governor Wolf's latest mandate, Utility Keystone Trailer Sales and PennStro Leasing will now require guests to wear a mask when inside the building and interacting with others. We also ask our visitors to practice social distancing within our buildings. Our team will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing while interacting with guests.
Thank you for choosing to partner with us and your patience as we navigate this pandemic together.
03/31/2020 - STAY-AT-HOME RESPONSE
As an essential business that falls under Transportation and Warehousing dealing directly with General/Specialized Freight we remain open for business at both Utility Keystone Trailer Sales and PennStro Leasing. Please reference our March 23rd update for operating procedures at PennStro Leasing. Utility Keystone Trailer Sales will continue to operate with the plan detailed in the March 25th update below. We will update this page as changes are made, continue to follow all CDC guidelines and any direct orders from our state or federal government in helping fight the spread of COVID-19.
For Governor Wolf's Stay-At-Home order affecting Lancaster County click here.
Thank you for doing your part!
03/25/2020 - SOCIAL DISTANCING PLAN
Effective Wednesday, March 25th, the doors to our dealerships will be locked at all times. Please note: WE ARE STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
This does not affect PennStro Leasing. Please reference our update from March 23, 2020 for protocol.
What does this mean operationally?
- We will be conducting business via telephone and email to limit potential spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- We will have updated signage posted on all main entrances that will give our customers instructions to call the main line.
- The receptionist will forward the call to the appropriate team member.
Trailer Sales Customers – Finalizing Deals
- The customer should contact their salesman and make an appointment to finalize their deal and pick up their trailer
- In state customer(s) that are signing for the trailer should email their license (front and back) to the salesman and Title Clerk.
- Out of state customers that need in-transit tags should email their license (front and back) along with a copy of their current insurance or cab card to the salesman and Title Clerk.
Trailer Sales Customers – Handling Payment Methods
- There will be a cart located outside the main entrance to 1976 along with a pen for the customer to use.
- When the customer arrives, instruct them to call the salesman closing the deal.
- The customer must place the cash, check, or credit card on the cart and the salesman will go outside and get it wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and maintain social distancing protocol.
- Title Clerk will finalize the deal while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Once completed, the salesman will take any receipts or sales deal folder back to customer.
Trailer Sales Customers – In-transit Tag Procedure
- Title Clerk should already have a copy of their license front and back and a copy of insurance.
- Title Clerk will get in-transit tag ready and then sign the temporary registration for the customer.
- Once completed, the salesman will put the tag on the trailer for the customer.
Trailer Sales Customers – In State Deals that need to be finalized with signatures
- Title Clerk will mark the paperwork where signatures are required.
- The salesman or Title Clerk will take the documents outside and place on cart and the customer will sign where noted with a pen that they can take with them. There should be a space of 6 feet between the customer and the salesman/Title Clerk.
- Once paperwork is signed, Title Clerk or salesman will place temporary registration on cart for customer to retrieve. Title Clerk will continue to wear gloves until the deal is complete.
- The salesman will put the plate on the trailer like any other deal.
- If payment is being made during this time, please follow the guideline under Cash, Check and Credit Card Deals.
- The best form of payment right now is by wire or ACH. Each salesman should emphasize this when speaking to their customer.
Used Sales Operations Department
- Vendor approaches the service entrance/main entrance doors and places a phone call per instructions
- Call is routed to Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Coordinator gets information about drop off
- Logistics Coordinator informs vendor to drop trailer and leave
- After vendor leaves, Logistics Coordinator follows normal process for checking in trailer while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Give us a call when you arrive, and our service team will direct you on where to drop your equipment.
- You will not be required to sign any documents during vehicle check-in. Once we have diagnosed your issue, we will seek authorization via email to start repairs.
- We will contact you when repairs have been completed.
- We can still come on-site and provide your company with free estimates.
- Until further notice, we will not be accepting cash or checks from customers. All service transactions will be placed on existing open charge accounts or paid by credit card over the phone.
- We have suspended all regularly scheduled parts deliveries. We will UPS/FedEx what we can.
- Our Parts Salesmen are currently working from home and are equipped with all the tools to handle your needs. Just call, email or text them.
- Until further notice, we will not be accepting cash or checks from customers. All parts transactions will be placed on existing open charge accounts or paid by credit card over the phone.
- If you would like to pick up parts, please call before you arrive, and we will have the parts located outside our main entrance at a designated location.
03/23/2020 - We are open and here to serve you.
We are here to serve you and we are following the CDC's guidelines to protect our coworkers, customers, and our community. Because of this, starting Monday morning March 23rd, we will be locking all entrances at our 1976 and 1840 Auction Road locations. What does this mean for you:
Customers: (upon arriving at our dealership)
Ring the doorbell
We have a doorbell at our main entrance and Parts/Service entrance at 1976 Auction Road as well as the main entrance at 1840 Auction Road. Please use one of these locations when you visit our dealership. Upon arrival, ring the doorbell and wait to be greeted.
- We have a doorbell at our main entrance and Parts/Service entrance at 1976 Auction Road as well as the main entrance at 1840 Auction Road. Please use one of these locations when you visit our dealership. Upon arrival, ring the doorbell and wait to be greeted.
Wait to be greeted
One of our team members will respond to assist you.
- One of our team members will respond to assist you.
Follow guidelines set by CDC
- Thank you for your cooperation while we respect the guidelines set by the CDC. You can click here for more information from the CDC.
Vendors: we are not accepting visitors at this time. Please contact us by email or phone.
Contacting Utility Keystone Trailer Sales and PennStro Leasing
Utility Keystone Trailer Sales