Chains and Binders are an option for securing heavier loads to flatbed semi-trailers that are too heavy or where straps are not suitable, for example, farm machinery or steel loads.
At Utility Keystone, you can purchase Kinedyne cargo securement chains individually or in cases of two. Bulk discounts are available in case purchases.
- 5/16” in x 20’ and 25’: Has 4,700 working load limit.
- 3/8” x 20’: Has a 6,600 working load limit.
Zinc-plated finish with a corrosion-resistant finish.
Chain Binders are used to tension the chain to secure a load.
Lever Style Binder:
The Lever Style Chain Binder stores more energy into the handle, so be wary of possible kickback when the lever is released to loosen the load.
- UKTS carries Kinedyne Lever Style Chain Binder for 5/16″ – 3/8″ Chains.
- A strong, steady lever and a pair of durable and reliable 3/8-inch Clevis Grab Hooks keep a sturdy grip on the chain during tensioning and transit.
- Working Load Limit: 5,400 LBS.
* We recommend never using a cheater bar or other handle extenders to tension the load, as this could potentially cause severe or fatal injuries or cargo damage.
Ratchet Style Binder:
The Ratchet style binder puts all the tension and energy on the gear. The handle does not store a lot of energy, making this chain binder a safer option for securing your load.
- UKTS carries the Kinedyne Ratchet Style Chain Binder for 5/16″ – 3/8″ Chains.
- The Ratchet Style Chain Binder lets you take your time loading and unloading your cargo, putting less strain on the operator in the process. The handle does not store a lot of energy, making this chain binder a safer option for securing your load.
- Working Load Limit: 5,400 lbs.
For more information or help with Chains and Binders, click the link below or call 717-653-9444.
Your Partner in Parts.