Lead Technicians/Shop Foreman/Service Manager
Purpose of Position
Perform all phases of repairs and modification to trailers within the allocated time while meeting or exceeding proper safety and established industry and trade procedures and established company quality standards.
- Education – High school diploma or GED; 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training
- Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend instructions, safety rules and correspondence. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and in small group situations to other employees
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret bar graphs
- Perform all types of welding (i.e. aluminum, mild steel and stainless steel)
- Perform all styles of each phase of welding (i.e. tig, mig and arc)
- Perform repair and modification on all styles of trailers as assigned
- Perform repairs on Trailer Suspensions including heavy duty brakes, drums, cams, slack adjusters, chambers, air valves, etc.
- Maintain allocated time frame on all repairs and modifications
- Contribute to work assignment from acquired experience and knowledge
- Diagnose and make recommendations on repairs as required
- Receive all work assignments from Supervisor(s)
- Attend training seminars as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral, schedule or diagram form and the ability to use sound judgment when faced with complex circumstances.
- The ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations is essential, while maintaining a professional, calm manner when negotiating with a difficult customer or employee.
- The position is assigned to the shop area where noise levels are moderate to high at times.
- The physical exertion is moderate to heavy. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee must be capable of continuously climbing up and down into a truck.
- There are frequent employee and customer contacts.
- Requires the ability to operate a cell phone and personal computer, calculator and other basic office equipment.
- It also requires the safe operation of a tow motor or pallet jack as needed.
- The position requires the use of electric hand tools used for cutting aluminum, wood and steel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive. A valid driver license will be required to operate a jockey truck and other vehicles.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- UKTS reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Work will be performed in a routine, coordinated manner as to continuously duplicate or exceed desired results.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times. Clean work area when job is completed.
- Be ready to work at start of shift. Arrive to work early in preparation to start shift on time.
- Work performed is to be in a professional manner in accordance with or exceeding our company standards.
- Be helpful and considerate to co-workers and customers.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Display a professional attitude toward Company and fellow employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Supply required tools as needed to effectively complete work.
- Maintain verbal and written communications as required.
- Work will be performed in accordance with all government laws and regulations
- Profit Sharing
- 401k (Retirement Planning)
- Competitive Salary
- Guaranteed Overtime
- No Weekends
- Friendly & Rewarding Workplace
- Vacation Time & 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance